Monday, May 31, 2010

Sands of Time

It's been a year since I graduated from university, and I haven't had a full-time job since. I don't think the problem lies with my credentials, but rather my approach to securing a career. I haven't really been applying diligently. I'm unmotivated, lazy, depressing, you name it. Anyway, this post isn't about my many character flaws, but specifically on time-wasting.

I've been wasting my time this past year, learning nothing new academically officially, which means I have less creds than I would have if I enrolled in courses, which then means I'll have a harder time finding a job. Without a job, I'll have more difficulties with my finances, which will in turn affect my quality of life, and perhaps the span of my life. In which case, I will have less work days ahead of me. Oh no.

I know, life isn't about work, but it does dominate it. However, what more is there? Relatively temporary relationships? Accumulation of wealth that cannot be kept beyond the grave? Memories that will never be recollected when you're rotting in the ground? What are we living for exactly? If nothing is to be gained in the very long run, nothing can be wasted.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Twin, I'm going through the same thing... I'm lazy too :( Anyways, cheer up, you're not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a job! congrats. I'm proud of ya~

    ReplyDelete